August 31, 2013

AG Creative Gallery Show

American Greetings, the company I work for, has a company gallery that they make available for any of the artists who have a desire to display their work. The artists do have to submit examples of their work beforehand for review for appropriateness and sufficient quality. 

Around a year ago I approached a couple of friends/co-workers to see if they would want to do a show together. We all agreed. I thought it would be a good goal and a good way to motivate myself to continue painting over the year. It has been. When you know you have all that empty wall space that has to be filled it is a great motivator. I managed to get ten paintings completed and framed so I felt that wasn't too bad. I would have had more but I actually gave some away as gifts. I don't think I'll be doing that too much in the future.

Anyway I participated in the show with Cindy Patton, who did some really nice pastels of outdoor scenes as well as some nice still-lifes in watercolor and oils, and with Todd Pollino who does some really great watercolors of nostalgic looking businesses that he has come across over the years.






No comments:

Post a Comment