February 12, 2014

Old Gentleman

So here's the finish of the color study that I had posted earlier. The color study definitely helped. Even though it was done from a photograph that I'd taken I do try hard to approach it as though it were from life as much as possible.
The thing I'm struggling with at the moment is level of finish. It's a hard target to hit for me at this stage of my development. I don't want to noodle my paintings so that they stay fresh, but I'm often not sure if I've taken it far enough. I plan on taking a workshop in a couple of months and I'm hoping the instructor can help me evaluate this issue and maybe some others.



Old Gentleman
11 x 14 - Oil on Linen

2 comments:

  1. your work is amazing. thanks for sharing it. ~mharper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comment and for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete