November 14, 2014

Portrait of Susan

It's been a while since I've posted anything here. But it's not because I haven't been busy painting. 

I recently had a model come over and set her up in a pose that is a little more, shall we say, ambitious?
I've been spending more time on that painting than I believe any other I've ever done. There have been some ups and downs and it's really taken a lot of concentration to figure out a plan of attack in certain parts. That plus the battle with tightening up over doing a more finished piece. I've not been 100% successful in that regard, but it's ok. It's been a learning experience and I'm still kind of excited about it.

In the meantime I'm posting this study from this Friday's open studio. I feel pretty good about this one. I used some palette knife in the background and feel it's a good direction that I want to go in.


Susan
Oil on Canvas Paper - 12 x 16


P.S. Stay tuned for the above referenced painting to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment