October 07, 2015

Some Experimentation

I was revisiting a recent Friday open studio portrait that I had done, and was pondering some of the things that Stanka Kordic was trying to get across to us in her recent workshop that I attended.
I think I may take this portrait and do a little experimentation. I've already done some on this one by doing some glazing, which I don't ever do since my preference is to try to paint more directly.

But what the heck. If i wreck it, it's only a painting, right? And I will have learned something in the process.


2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. Some paintings turn into train wrecks but there is always a lot to be learned. Its part of the adventure isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. One of the awesome things that I love about art in general and painting in particular is that there is no final destination, but that it's a lifetime of learning.

      Delete