June 05, 2017

Interview

While in Atlanta at the annual conference for the Portrait Society of America I was able to hobnob with a number of artists that I'd never actually met personally, which was really enjoyable. One of the artists I had the opportunity to meet was Debby Lucille Bird, a figurative and portrait painter from Kentucky. Debby was so friendly and warm and as we talked and I got to know her a little more she'd mentioned that she kept a blog where she interviewed artists who were also parents and how they kept those two thing balanced.

Anyway, for some reason Debby felt that I was worthy of being interviewed for her blog. If you're curious about my reflections on maintaining and balancing a career as an artist and being a parent you can find the interview on her website over here!




No comments:

Post a Comment