January 15, 2014

Riley

I did this painting around July of last year. Unfortunately I failed to make a good copy of it for myself, but my co-worker, the person I did the painting for took a snapshot of it in her home so I could at least have something for my records. I know better now.

Well, this was another painting I gave away as a gift (why do I keep doing that?). I noticed the photo she had hanging up and discovered it was her granddaughter. I'd asked her if I could paint it, just because I thought she was a beautiful little girl and she was happy to say "yes." With her permission I included it in our company gallery show. 

I guess if you see something brings real joy to someone it's okay to give it away once in a while.

Anyway, it's not the best picture, but you get the idea.


Riley
11 x 14 - Oil on Canvas



No comments:

Post a Comment