January 25, 2014

Rudy

Another Friday portrait at Bay Arts. This gentleman walked in and I thought "wow," what a face.
He had such an interesting look, I could easily see him dressed as a Russian cossack or a Canadian fur trapper. Anyway, he was really fun to paint. I hope I did him justice.

Update: After I originally posted this entry I started looking at the painting at home and some things started bothering me about it. The eyes were looking a little small, a tendency I'm noticing more and more, and I felt like I should be pushing the color more as it looked a little monochromatic to me.

Anyway, here now are the before and after versions of Rudy. In the after I widened the eyes some and I tried to push the intensity of color around the eyes and other places as well.

Before



After


Rudy
11 x 14 - Oil on Canvas paper





No comments:

Post a Comment