June 26, 2013

Royal Blue

Royal Blue

Oil on Canvas 16" x 20"

Okay, so it's kind of fashiony, but I like it... for the most part that is. It's funny but I don't feel that I'm ever completely happy with anything I've painted so far. Maybe that will come, but for now I'm feeling fairly good about this one.  Good enough to make the girl part of my banner, as you can see. It may seem strange but one of the things I feel best about in this painting is the sky and background. I know it's kind of a nebulous thing but I felt like when I was painting that sky I was painting in what I heard Quang Ho call the second, or maybe even the third level. That is painting without thinking, kind of in the zone, like when a musician loses all sense of mechanics and just "does" music. It may not show, but it was how I felt at the time. 

Now if I could just spread that feeling around to the whole painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment