June 24, 2013

Type and Technique

Attitude
Oil on canvas 16" x 20"

So, this is probably my first real attempt at doing a full figure painting.  This was done in late 2012. Again as with most of what I've done to date, there are things I like and there are lots of things to work on. But overall a really good experience on the road to competence.

My main goal in this painting was to think about "type" and technique. Once again, unfortunately this painting is from a photograph. I loved the attitude that the girl in the photo evoked. I tried not to copy too much and instead concentrated on looseness in the right places. I think in some places I was successful, but in others not so much. I have a lot to learn but I feel like I'm at least headed in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment